Preparing to host an event of any size can be an overwhelming task. That’s why it can be a good idea to leave planning to the professionals.
Here are some things to consider when hiring an event planner:
- Specify your goals. You need to decide what you’d like to accomplish through your event and articulate that during your consultations.
- Determine your budget. Your event planner needs to understand what type of ideas might be most practical given your finances.
- Do your research. Try to find someone held in high regard by peers. You can reach out to Meeting Professionals International, the Association of Wedding Planners, and other regional organizations who might be able to point you in the right direction. Hotels, chambers of commerce, and convention centers are also good sources to contact.
- Select a few planners to interview. Get a feel for how they operate and what type of experience they have. In some cases, you won’t click with certain people, and that’s perfectly okay. It helps you narrow down your choices.
- Check references. Make sure everything checks out about the prior work that a particular planner has accomplished.
- Go into greater detail. Start talking about the who, what, when, and where in addition to discussing your personal preferences.
- Ask for a detailed plan, complete with proposed budget. Read this information carefully to make sure you can have confidence in your planner’s skills.
- Negotiate a contract. Work the little details out, especially in terms of your planner’s responsibilities and when deposits and bills should be paid.
- Communicate clearly. Everyone needs to be on the same page, so keep those lines of communication open.
Twenty Three Layers is one of the premier event planning companies in NYC. They employ a team that’s ready to find the perfect venue for any occasion. They can also help clients explore options related to food, decor, and entertainment. Many of their clients include non-profit organizations, corporate institutions, and soon-to-be brides and grooms. They pride themselves on their ability to handle everything down to the last detail. They can consult with you if you’ve been searching for event planners in NYC.