Attending a social event can be a great time, but planning the event can be another story. Not everyone has the time or the patience to put together a great event. This is where the services of an experienced event planner can come in handy. The process of hiring a qualified event planner can be drawn out, but the end result will be well worth it.
When looking to hire an event planner, do some preplanning before anything else. Decide what type of event you want to have, and get an idea in your mind of how you want it to play out. Determine your budget, and draw up a rough draft of how much everything will cost.
Ask around to friends and coworkers to see if they have any recommendations for a good event planner. Pay attention to see if there is anyone they do not recommend. Also, do not be afraid to ask local businesses to see who they would recommend and who is good to work with. After getting some names, check them out online. Search their websites to see what kind of work can be expected. Spend some time reading all of the customer reviews.
Set up interviews with at least three event planners. Do these interviews in person to get a good feel for who the event planner is and what their ideas are for your event. Ask a lot of questions about the plan for your event. Hire the event planner who you feel most comfortable with and who has the best grasp on how you want your event to play out.
There are many event planning companies out there and one of the premier event planning companies in NYC is Twenty Three Layers. The founder and CEO is Jessica Boskoff and she has been in charge of her company for over a decade. She has assembled a highly qualified team of event planners in NYC and is ready to make every event special and unique.
Preparing to host an event of any size can be an overwhelming task. That’s why it can be a good idea to leave planning to the professionals.
Here are some things to consider when hiring an event planner:
- Specify your goals. You need to decide what you’d like to accomplish through your event and articulate that during your consultations.
- Determine your budget. Your event planner needs to understand what type of ideas might be most practical given your finances.
- Do your research. Try to find someone held in high regard by peers. You can reach out to Meeting Professionals International, the Association of Wedding Planners, and other regional organizations who might be able to point you in the right direction. Hotels, chambers of commerce, and convention centers are also good sources to contact.
- Select a few planners to interview. Get a feel for how they operate and what type of experience they have. In some cases, you won’t click with certain people, and that’s perfectly okay. It helps you narrow down your choices.
- Check references. Make sure everything checks out about the prior work that a particular planner has accomplished.
- Go into greater detail. Start talking about the who, what, when, and where in addition to discussing your personal preferences.
- Ask for a detailed plan, complete with proposed budget. Read this information carefully to make sure you can have confidence in your planner’s skills.
- Negotiate a contract. Work the little details out, especially in terms of your planner’s responsibilities and when deposits and bills should be paid.
- Communicate clearly. Everyone needs to be on the same page, so keep those lines of communication open.
Twenty Three Layers is one of the premier event planning companies in NYC. They employ a team that’s ready to find the perfect venue for any occasion. They can also help clients explore options related to food, decor, and entertainment. Many of their clients include non-profit organizations, corporate institutions, and soon-to-be brides and grooms. They pride themselves on their ability to handle everything down to the last detail. They can consult with you if you’ve been searching for event planners in NYC.